Jul 28, 2011

Sufjan Stevens: Live "Futile Devices" Stream, MP3, Lyrics

Stevens and a few friends paid a visit to WNYC to be interviewed and record a couple of songs. Here is "Futile Devices" from The Age Of Adz live at WNYC

Sufjan Stevens - Futile Devices by hipstereo.blogspot.com.

Watch the performance on youtube.

They also performed "Pleasure Principle", the ending piece of Stevens epic "Impossible Soul". Go here for that.

"Futile Devices"
It's been a long, long time since I've memorized your face
It's been four hours now since I've wandered through your place
And when I sleep on your couch I feel very safe
And when you bring the blankets I cover up my face
I do love you
I do love you

And when you play guitar I listen to the strings buzz
The metal vibrates underneath your fingers
And when you crochet I feel mesmerized and proud
And I would say I love you, but saying it out loud is hard
So I won't say it at all
And I won't stay very long
But you are the life I needed all along
I think of you as my brother
Although that sounds dumb
Words are futile devices

No comments: